Sunday, November 06, 2011

A Soccer Free Saturday

Last spring I took over as the Regional Coach Admin for our local AYSO region. My job didn't really begin until the Summer, as the prior Admin helped get us through the end of the year (I was his assistant for a few months before I was officially given his job).  My life has been soccer, soccer and more soccer since late July, and while there have been fun moments, there have also been many crazy days where I questioned my sanity in accepting this volunteer position. On top of this position, I have been coaching Max's team. So it has seemed that I was living and breathing soccer for so long, I wouldn't know what to do with myself when I had a soccer free Saturday.

But the day finally arrived. The Fall season officially over, I had my first soccer free Saturday this past weekend, and can I tell you how much I enjoyed it? We woke, after sleeping in, to snow on the ground. The kids bundled themselves in coats and gloves and proceeded to make trails through the snow in our yard (that is their favorite thing to do in the snow...trudge through it, making curving trails). It felt wonderful to be able to spend the day catching up on laundry, enjoying some family time.

I know, the Spring season will speedily make it's way into my life, but for now, I am going to enjoy my Saturdays.

But really, who doesn't love watching their kids play the most popular game in the word?



(please ignore the fact that my son is wearing the wrong shorts, two different socks and that one sock is falling down....when you have 5 kids to get out the door for games, 3 playing soccer, and one of them dancing, you never know what you will get)

No comments: