Thursday, July 19, 2007

Names...

Ok, you guys have given us some great suggestions, but we are still struggling to come up with a name.! I have never had this much trouble deciding on a name for any of our kids. By this point in my pregnancies I have always had a name picked out! It seems that every name I like is either too close to one of my childrens names (for example, I was searching through a baby name site this morning and found the name Baxter, I thought this was cool, especially since the town that our family's cabin where family reunions have been held semi-annually for year is called Baxter, and then I thought, duh..can't use that...how would you shorten it for a nic name???? Bax...duh I have a Max already....). Also when you are deciding on names and your husband is the youngest of 7 children, all of whom have atleast 4 children...tons of names have already been taken, and you can't repeat! Ok, and doesn't it seem like all of your bad experiences in childhood come rushing back when looking through lists of names? Sure, a name woudl be fine, if you hadn't dated that jerk Senior year, if that bully hadn't picked on you in Kindergarten....the reasons NOT to pick a name continue to mount, and acceptable names are few and far between! We will keep you updated as our search continues! Don't worry, if we choose a name that someone did not suggest, we will have a random drawing for our winner..someone will get a prize!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor thing!! You are having such a difficult time. Sorry to hear that. IMHO, I think you can repeat names in a family. They others may not be thrilled, but you can do it, if you want to. Good luck

pam hellewell said...

How about Levi...I heard that name yesterday and thought you might like it...
Love
Mom