Thursday, April 17, 2008

I am a slacker...sorry

So, I haven't posted in a while. I just haven't taken any pictures that work well for a blog post, but I guess this blog is not all about photos, so here is a run down of what has been going on around the Jensen home:

Everyone seems to have some variation on the common cold. TOO many runny noses and coughs in this house; they are driving me nutso. I am ready for spring and good health!

Liam just finished a 5 week season of Itty Bitty Hoops. He had a great time and learned more about the game. He is anxious to be able to play Jr Jazz next year.

Spring soccer has begun, so we are back to crazy Saturdays. The first 2 weeks were freezing, so when last weekend was warm and sunny, I didn't think to slather the sunblock, and my poor pale boys ended up with sunburns. I felt terrible, but they survived, and hopefully won't be telling their therapists that it is all my fault that they have a fear of the sun (everything is our fault, right?)

I have started training for a Triathlon with a friend from church (yes, you read that correctly, you don't need to go get your eyes checked, I did say Triathlon). Of course, I will mostly likely end up walking the run and coming in last, but I am determined to try! I have been training for about a month now (with a break in the middle due to a really bad cold) and I can feel a difference, and I have even lost a bit of weight! YEAH. SO to keep myself motivated I have decided that you all will keep me honest..hehe..I am going to post what I accomplished daily on my blog! So here goes (this is posting for yesterday as it is only 8:30AM and it wasn't a swim workout day).

Weds: jog 1.25 miles, walk 3/4 of a mile (this is an improvement on the 3 minutes I lasted last time I tried to run!)

Other news: My 30th birthday is next month. I am a little freaked about the fact that I will be turning 30..I know that is really isn't old, but leaving my 20s in the dust is a bit hard to accept... So, as a gift my parents are flying Lucas and I down to LA to join then for a couple days in Oceanside to relax on the beach and spend a day at Disneyland with them and my sister..now to figure out how to tell my kids that I am going to Disneyland and they don't get to go (to be fair, we are planning a trip to go with the family in December).

2 comments:

Lynell said...

What??!! I am soooo impressed. Way to set high goals. You go girl! I am proud of you and would love to keep up on your progress! Ü

Sissy said...

A triathlon??? Wow!And I thought riding my bike with the baby a few blocks was good! hahaha... seriously, since I'm not bf'ing anymore, I'm starting to put the weight on. This stay at home mom thing is kicking my rear.

I am excited for you and can't wait to hear about your progress.