Monday, May 26, 2008

lots of updates

I have been meaning to update for a while, but I load my photos to our regular computer upstairs (we have had bad luck with lap tops and crashing on us, so I don't trust my photos to the lap top) but I do most of my browsing and general Internet surfing on the lap top. Last Saturday (not 2 days ago, I mean a week ago) Jared's work had a Literacy Fair at the Gateway (An outdoor mall, to which his office is attached). Each child received two books (most were very nice, hardback books!) and Radio Disney was there playing music and hosting fun little games. Dane even won a game and got a Speed Racer T-shirt (which on him looks like a dress!). After selecting books, playing games and a tour of the office building where Daddy works, the kids had the MOST fun playing in the water in the common area at the mall. Around a hundred spouts shoot water, choreographed to music. Here are some photos of the kids having way too much fun getting wet!







Joelle was a bit reluctant to get in the water, so Daddy took matters into his own hands!
Liam was the most enthusiastic about the water, running everywhere and getting the most wet!
Liam and Max were quite goofy together!







While I was taking pictures Max called out, "Mom! Take a picture of me!" How could I resist that cute face?







The kids were off track this past week, thus allowing me to sleep in a bit! It was wonderful to get a little more rest, and tomorrow morning when they go back will be hard on ME! They go back through the end of June, and then they will be off for the Summer.







Now for this Saturday. The best part was NO SOCCER GAMES. Don't get me wrong, I am so glad that the kids play soccer. It is great for them, they enjoy it, and I enjoy watching them play. But, a Saturday without commitments was wonderful, and I was much lazier than I should have been! It was just so nice not to be running here there, and everywhere. We made homemade Pizza's for dinner. The kids always enjoy homemade pizzas, especially since I let them each make their own.













Yesterday I actually did a little bit of scrapping after almost 2 weeks of nothing. Here are the projects that I completed:



Papers here are scrap works (I got them as a prize from the last cybercrop at ScrapAttack Scrapbooking).

Other products used are: Cricut Expression with Opposites Attract and Accent Essentials Cartridges, Bazzil Brad, Prima Flower, HOTP ribbon, and the little bubbles are called Skittles (I don't know who makes them, they were a birthday gift from my awesome sister in law Sarah!)


This card was for a challenge over at Scrap Attack.

Products used are

Stamps: Cornish Heritage Farms (My Guy and the background check pattern) and Inque Boutique (Stars)

Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink

other products are unknown

Sorry about the book, but it has been forever since I updated! If you got this far, Way to go!

4 comments:

Sissy said...

Hey Chris! The water looked like so much fun, and tell the kids the pizzas looked yummy!

I actually have gotten some scrapbooking done lately, and that's a nice feeling.

I hope you and your family had a great Memorial Day holiday...

Suzanne said...

great pics girl! it's always fun to scrap after taking hiatus! A "nothing" weekend is always a welcome thing isn't it!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that picture of Dane in the water. So charming.

Vicki said...

Wow, Christine! Your new pictures are fabulous! It has got to be a wonderful feeling to have such great subjects to photograph! Love the water fountain pics.