Thursday, June 05, 2008

FHE and CHF

For Family Home Evening this week we had a lesson on Flags and the Title of Liberty. At the end of the lesson, we created our own family flag. Here is a picture of all of us with our flag (sorry Liam, wasn't holding it up correctly, but the next photo will show details! And PLEASE ignore the fact that I look awful!! I was super tired on Monday!)

Here is a close up of the flag. I could have used one that was closer up and didn't' include Lucas, but how could I deprive you of that cute face? We included the names of everyone in our family and things that were important to us (The savior, and apple for being healthy, music, the earth, stars to represent our country, and a large book because we all love to read). Clearly we are not artists when it comes to drawing, but it was fun!
Now onto the CHF part! I have previously shared that Cornish Heritage Farms makes some of my favorite stamps! Starting today, through Sunday, they are hosting a Kim Hughes Collection Blitz with challenges (and prizes!). Come check out some of the wonderful, high quality stamps that they have available!

Today's challenge is to create a card using supplies from a short list (and you must use a Kim Hughes collection stamp). Here is mine:

Heart and sentiment are both from "A Welcome Hug" by Cornish Heritage Farms

Cardstock is Provo Craft(Orange), Hobby Lobby(Creme/Tan) and unknown (brown)

Embossing folder is Provo Craft

Buttons are Autumn Leaves

Die is Ellison

Inks are Bazzil

Ribbon is Unknown (it was a RAK from a friend)

8 comments:

Meg and Joe said...

Your family is so cute! I love the flag! I need to come see you guys before I head out to Oregon!

Amy said...

Cute family picture!!! I love your idea for FHE and the flag turned out great!

Lynell said...

Of course you look tired. You are a mom! I love the family night idea. Great job!

Sissy said...

Chris the flag idea is so neat... I wish we could designate THAT kind of family night. Don't get me wrong, we have one, but it's more like a walk, watching a special movie, or just a board game. I am excited though, we picked out paint the other day and a few small canvases to start painting... maybe that will be out thing.

By the way, I love the card, it's so cute! And it's inspired me!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Ok the family picture is so cute! To get five kids looking in the same direction isn't easy much less having them hold up a flag too! LOL

allredclan said...

I love the family picture! I'm glad you're feeling better. Choir is just not the same without you! =)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Chris!!! Love your family photos too! What a neat family night!!

Suzanne said...

Great photo girl! Love the card and you're pretty creative with the family flag! I love that idea!